Some weather outlets are predicting a chance of mixed precipitation or snow in the early morning hours between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m.  From a school schedule standpoint this is the worst possible timing.  Our earliest buses are rolling by 5 a.m. each morning.  When weather comes in after 5 a.m., it is difficult to make an objective decision before buses run the morning routes.

The morning crew will go out in the morning.  However, we are not likely to see any precipitation until the early buses are already on the road.  At this point, we should all be prepared for school on Tuesday.  With high temperatures today near 60 and warming into the upper 50s tomorrow, we expect any frozen precipitation to melt rapidly before accumulating on roadways.

If any of the normal trouble spots become icy, we will not run those individual roads.  Please monitor the school system website or your favorite media outlet for potential announcements caused by unexpected weather.  Thank you for your patience as we monitor this impending, and poorly timed, weather situation.  As always, use your best safety judgement regarding road conditions on your route from home to school.

Contact:  Dr. Bill Nolte, Superintendent