It is premature to make a weather call this evening with a narrow line of precipitation nearly 500 miles away. We are expecting above freezing temperatures and some rain until around 7 a.m. or 8 a.m. tomorrow morning. After that, we could have a few inches of snow before it ends tomorrow afternoon. We could also have a narrow line of precipitation that decreases or dissipates when it hits our mountains.

There is a good chance schools will need to close tomorrow. However, we might get lucky and have school on a regular or delayed schedule. At this point, it is too early to know.

We will begin checking roads at 3:30 a.m. If an announcement is necessary, we will make it at approximately 5:45 a.m. If there is no announcement, schools will operate on a regular schedule.

Please monitor the school system website or your favorite media outlet for a potential announcement. Thank for your patience as we monitor our ever-changing mountain weather.

Contact: Dr. Bill Nolte, Superintendent